Inmedicallanguage,tartaralso calledcalculus.Basically,the causes oftartar are formedis becauseof hardeneddental plaquebuild upandcoat theportionsof the tooth.The dental plaqueitselfformed bythe remainingfood andproteinmixed withbacteriain the mouth.The plaquecarriesbacteria thatcan damagetoothenamel,causing cavitiesandtooth decayandgum diseaseare permanent.
The Impact OfBadAppearance OfTartar
Tartarthat accumulatesactivitycan makebrushingand cleaningteethbecome lesseffective.Tartarthat developedaboveand belowthe gum linecan causeserious problems.The reason, the bacteriaindental plaquewilldemonstrate itsirritating anddamaging theteeth and gums.Over time,thisinflammationcan lead toprogressive gum disease, whichcan beseriousif left untreated.The lightestformofgum diseaseis calledgingivitis.This is the initial stage ofinflammation ofthe gumscaused bythe presence ofplaque andTartar.
Tartarthat cannotbe quicklycleaned upandgingivitisarenotrapidlytreatedcan developintoa more seriousgum disease, such asperiodontitis.Periodontitisis acondition in whichthe formation ofpocketsbetweenyour gumsand teethbecause of the process ofinfection.The SACwasinfected bythe bacteriaunder thegums.This can damage thebone andother tissuesthatholdthe teethin place.Thiscan eventually lead todateteeth andbonedegradation.In addition,research has shownthat bacteriaingum diseasecan lead toheart disease andotherconditions.
The Best WayTo PreventThe Effects OfSeriousCauses OfTartar
Althoughdental plaquesoccur naturally, you cancontrol thebuildup ofplaque which isa cause oftartar.There are some tipsand techniques thatcanhelp controltartarbuildup.Here are someways to preventthe formation oftartar, namely:
- Brushing your teethregularlytwice a dayfor at leasttwo minuteswiththe correcttechnique.Use abrush withsoftbristlesthat are small enoughto reachall areasin between theteeth andyour mouth.Make surethe rearsurfacealsoteeth andmolarsYouaffordablewhilebrushing your teeth.
-An electronictoothbrushmay be moreeffective than a manualtoothbrushto remove plaque.Regardless of thetype oftoothbrushyou use,make surethe usedtoothbrush productshave gotapproval fromthedentist andhas passedthe testof quality and strictsafetytests.
-Choose atoothpaste withfluoridethatcan controltartar.Toothpastethat contains pyrophosphatecan help preventtheplaquehardensintotartar.In addition,fluoride will helprepair thedamage to theenamelthat mayhave occurred.Someformulasalso containtriclosan(antibioticsfightbacteria in theplaque).
-Dental floss.No matter howdiligentlyYoubrush your teeth, justthe use ofdental flossevery day thatcan removedental plaqueandprevent the formation oftartarin areasdifficultto reach.Docleanteethusingdental flossproperlyso as not toinjureyourgums.
- Mouthwash.Usean antisepticmouthwashevery day to helpkill the bacteriacauses plaque.
- Pay attention toyour food. Bacteria in your mouth thriving due to consuming foods that contain sugar and starch or carbohydrates. Whenconsumingthefood, bacteria will releaseacids thatcan damage theteeth andbe the cause oftartar is formed.Try toeat a healthy dietandlimitthe amount ofintake offoods containingsugarsuch ascandy orchocolate.Be aware thateach timeyou eat,you alsofeed thebacteria in your mouth.In addition, avoideatingtoo muchfood and drinkthat couldbe the cause ofthe appearance oftartarlikebread, potato chips,dried fruit, fruitdrinks,icedcitrustypes,liquor, andsoda.
- Drink plenty of waterduring andafter a mealcan alsohelp minimizethe formation ofplaque.
- Avoidsmoking.People who smokeor useothertobacco productstend to haveTartarundertheirgums.
OnceTartarhas alreadyformed,it is important torealizeif onlya dentistcaneliminate it.Make sure you visitthe dentiston a regular basis, at leastsixmonthsto cleanTartarand preventfurther complications.The dentistcan alsohelpdiagnose thecauses oftartarwhichyou experienced.