How to Overcome Winter Allergies
How to Overcome Winter Allergies - Cold allergy in medical terminology is also called cold urticaria is a reaction of the skin to cold that caused the appearance of stripes that feels itchy and the skin becomes reddish colored.
The severity of allergy symptoms cold arising at each of these people is not the same-different. Some people are able to lose consciousness, experienced very low blood pressure, and even that the fallout could cause death.
The age of adolescence is the age that most often affected by allergies, cold but usually would disappear completely within a range of years.
Allergy Symptoms Cold (Cold Urticaria)
Cold allergy symptoms usually arise when the skin is exposed to cold water aka cold weather (below 4 degrees Celsius). Allergy cold is also more risky breadnut in windy and humid conditions. The following is a range of cold allergy symptoms can occur.
- The hand feels swollen when holding cold objects.
- The stripes appear itch on the skin areas that are exposed to the cold.
- The lips and throat feel swollen when consuming food aka cold drinks.
- Reddish-colored skin.
- Allergic reactions typically most severe at the time of the whole body exposed to cold temperatures, sort of at the time swimming in the cold water. Reaction evoked can potentially harm lives, some sort of swelling of the throat and tongue so hard to breathe, the blood pressure dropped dramatically, heart palpitations, fainting, and swollen arms and legs.
In General, a cold allergy would disappear on its own after the various weekend aka Moon, but there are also includes the staunchly longer. When the tongue feels swollen aka throat, feeling of dizziness, and difficulty breathing immediately encountered the doctor.
Causes Allergic Cold (Cold Urticaria)
An allergic reaction occurs when the winter release of histamine and other chemicals into the teachings of the blood that is triggered by cold weather. A variety of factors suspected to be the cause of allergy cold, genetic factors have pertained to skin cells too sensitive, alias virus-specific diseases. But the cause is certainly why the body reacts to cold is thus unknown.
There are various factors that can increase the risk of developing an allergic cold, i.e.:
- Children and teenagers. This age most often exposed to cold and allergy usually gets better by itself in many years.
- Disease-specific basis. There are various health disorders, such as cancer diseases aka hepatitis which adds to the risk of developing allergies.
- The infection. Those recently exposed to such infection pneumonia aka pneumonia is more at risk of experiencing an allergic cold.
- Genetics. There are children who inherit the disease from their parents, but this factor is very rare.
Diagnosis Of Allergic Cold (Cold Urticaria)
To diagnose an allergy cold is really easy, fair by putting ice cubes in the skin as long as five minutes. If after various moments after the move the ice cube arise red bumps, then you are suffering from allergies.
On issues where the cold urticaria is caused by another disease is suspected, the doctor may suggest additional examinations would be blood tests other supporting test alias.
Cold-Allergy Treatments (Cold Urticaria)
There are no drugs that can cure the allergy cold. Diberbagi treatment to reduce symptoms of the disease and prevent so that symptoms do not often arise at a later date. The treatment normally commonly used by doctors is a drug with the antihistamines.However, the use of antihistamines with regular doses of note is not efficacious, some help is non-sedative antihistamine medicine with high doses.
The usual drugs commonly used is:
- Omalizumab. This drug is commonly used to treat asthma, but it can also cure various cold urticaria sufferers.
- Antihistamines (like fexofenadine and desloratadine). These drugs inhibit the substance histamine in the body that produce allergy symptoms.
- Cyproheptadine, antihistamine drug that works by inhibiting the nervous reaction of the tutorial are lead on cold allergy symptoms.
- Doxepin. This drug is commonly used to overcome anxiety and depression and is known to be able to relieve allergy symptoms.
- Prevention Of Allergic Cold (Cold Urticaria)
- Cold-Allergy prevention can be done with different kind of factors below.
- Avoid consuming cold foods and beverages to prevent swollen throat.
- Consumption of such drugs already prescribed by the doctor.
Notify the doctor aka the medical officer when you would undergo surgery to prevent cold allergy symptoms in the operating room.
Before exposure to the cold weather, it is advisable to consume the antihistamines.
Protect your skin from the temperature dropped dramatically aka cold weather.
Take a shot of adrenaline to wherever you set out to anticipate when the reaction of anaphylaxis occurs.