Reasons Why You're Gaining Weight
Reasons Why You're Gaining Weight - Added weight does not always come from what you eat. There are many factors cause overweight more unexpected.
Weight generally increases when the calories burned body when activity less than the calories that go from the food consumed. But besides the food, there are many factors that also affect the metabolism and body weight. Identify those factors.
When you are stressed, the body will be strained and produces a hormone called cortisol. This hormone becomes the main cause of the increasing appetite thus making you easily grab any food to cool down.
Lack of sleep
There are some things that make my lack of sleep time is closely connected with the added weight, i.e.:
- When you're sleep-deprived, an increase in the levels of hormones in the body can increase hunger and appetite.
- Sleep late at night makes you greater opportunity to eat snacks in the evenings so that adds a heap of calories in the body.
- Lack of sleep makes you tend to choose any fried food such as fried-snack than as healthy as fruit.
- Antidepressants: depression being one of the causes for the increased weight because the sufferer preferring to inactivity and silence in the House. But unfortunately, drugs to treat depression can lead to increased body weight also. But there is also some sufferers appetite back because moods have been better and not because of the side effects of antidepressants.
- Steroids: weight gain due to increased appetite can be a side effect of anti-inflammatory drugs of non-steroid (OAINS) such as prednisolone. People who are taking steroids can also experience changes to certain parts of the body store fat as in the stomach and face.
- Other drugs: other drugs can also cause the increase of body weight, such as drugs to treat a migraine, high blood pressure, diabetes, and convulsions. Antipsychotic drugs are also commonly used to treat bipolar disorder and schizophrenia.
- Hypothyroidism is a condition when the body does not produce the thyroid hormones are adequate. This condition causes the increase of body weight due to slowing down the metabolism of the body.
- Cushing's syndrome: occurs when the adrenal glands produce too much of stress hormones, such as cortisol, or in people who are taking steroids for the treatment of the disease lupus, arthritis, or asthma. The added weight is especially visible on the face, upper back, neck, and waist.
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (SOPK): women people with this syndrome typically have many small cysts in the reproductive organs. Women in this condition have resistance to hormones that control blood sugar levels play a role (insulin) thus causing the increase of body weight that is generally concentrated in the abdomen.
Technology and lifestyle
Lifestyle with all the conveniences such as internet access to almost all places can make a person longer sitting in front of a screen than ever before. The habit of sitting for a long time it was often combined with a habit of consuming high-calorie snacks added thus causing weight gain.
Inhaling cigarette smoke makes Your heartbeat increases 10-20 times more in one minute so that the body burns more calories when smoking. When someone stops smoking, appetite increases but the effect of this will be gone in a few weeks. The benefits of quitting smoking are far greater than continue to smoke for fear of fat.
An extreme diet with the goal of losing weight drastically in a short time is not effective. This is not the way to train your body to burn calories amounted to much in the long run. As a result, the food you consume will not burn out completely and the impact body weight precisely backs up quickly.
Reduce The Risk Of Added Weight
- A good sleep pattern. Make it a habit to have hours of sleep with enough, and started to sleep and wake up at the same hour every day. Use the bedroom only for sleep and sexual activity.
- Ask a doctor before you stop taking certain medications. If you've experienced the added weight because of the consumption of drugs, we recommend that you check with your doctor before deciding to discontinue usage. You can also ask the alternative treatments that do not risk increasing the weight of the body.
- Move active. Either due to the consumption of drugs or because the State of health, an increase in weight is generally caused by the declining condition of the body's metabolism. Move active every day, such as walking up the stairs, is a simple way for the sake of maintaining body fitness. With the sport on a regular basis, a person's mood will be better so far from excessive stress and depression.
- Understanding the fluid buildup due to drug consumption. The increased weight because of the consumption of certain drugs may sometimes only be caused by a buildup of fluid. Added weight because this condition is not permanent and can be immediately lost post-war period the consumption of drugs. At such times, you are advised to implement a diet containing low salt. An example of a drug that can improve the body's fluid content is birth control pills.